Booking and General Enquiries
To hire Goodrich Village Hall or individual rooms please contact us on
Tel: 01600 890530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Goodrich Village Hall is let on the basis of “left as found”. Hirers are expected to respect these Terms and Conditions, collect and leave keys as required and leave the facility in a clean and tidy condition ready for the next hirer. We reserve the right, on occasion, not to accept bookings.
We ask that you read these Terms and Conditions of hire before making your booking,
and sign the Booking Form to indicate that you have done so.
- The hiring prices are reviewed annually, and prices charged will be those in force at the time of the let, regardless of when the booking was made. Full payment for the Hire must be made 28 days before the event or the booking will be cancelled. Short notice bookings less than 28 days before the event will require full payment at the time of booking. Cancellation by the Hirer within 28 days of the event will incur a charge of 50% of the total hire cost.
- Payment of a Booking Deposit may be required, Booking deposits are deducted from the final hire payment, when made.
- Payment of a Security Deposit may be required. Security Deposits are refundable on satisfactory inspection of cleanliness of the Village Hall, grounds and contents after the hire. At the Village Hall Booking Secretary’s discretion, or that of any nominated deputy, the deposit may be increased for certain events.
- The Hirer agrees to be present in person during the period of hire and will provide whatever supervision is required, by the Hirer and three additional responsible adults if required, to ensure the good conduct and order of persons using the Village Hall throughout the period of hire. The Hirer will provide on the Booking Form the names and addresses of these responsible adults.
- The period of hire, and the area hired, is indicated on the booking confirmation. Provided that payment of the Hire Charge and Security Deposit have been received, the keys will be left for collection as directed at the time. The facility must be vacated at the end of the period.
- At the end of the hire the external Village Hall doors must be locked and the keys returned as directed. Please ensure that all lights are switched off, and all doors and windows are closed when you lock up the Village Hall and return keys as advised. This is a residential area, and we would ask you to be as quiet as possible when leaving the Village Hall, especially if it is late at night.
- The Hirer is responsible for any damage or loss to the Village Hall & grounds during the hire period, and for the Village Hall & grounds being left in a reasonably clean condition ready for the next hirer. If the Village Hall & grounds are left in an unsatisfactory state, or if there is loss or damage, the security deposit will be forfeit in whole or part. In extreme cases any
additional costs for cleaning, repairs or loss replacement may be levied on the Hirer.
- All Health, Safety and Hygiene Regulations on display in the kitchen and toilets must be adhered to. The kitchen and contents, cooker, fridge, crockery, worktops etc. must be left clean. Floors to all areas must be swept and tidied after use (mops and brooms are in the kitchen cupboard). Toilets and sinks must be left clean and tidy as found.
- Tables and chairs must not be removed from the Village Hall for use outside. At the end of the let, the main Hall tables must be returned to the storage position in a clean condition, and chairs stacked. All fire access areas must remain clear at all times.
- Rubbish must be bagged and placed in the wheelie bin outside. Any broken glass must be wrapped before disposal. No liquids to be emptied in the bins.
- The Hirer must nominate a competent person to take charge in case of Fire, to ensure that all persons at the Village Hall can escape unimpeded through the Fire Exits and to assemble in the car park or other nominated assembly area. Improper operation of the Fire Alarm or extinguishers will result in the automatic loss of the security deposit. Fire Doors MUST remain unobstructed during a let.
- The sale of alcohol is strictly forbidden unless a temporary licence is obtained with the permission of the Village Hall Charity.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere within the Village Hall building.
- No animals, other than guide dogs, are permitted within the Village Hall building
- Decorations such as balloons and streamers may only be attached by string to door and curtain fixtures.
Please do not use pins or adhesive tape on the walls or paintwork.
- Bringing Fireworks into, or the ignition of Fireworks in the Village Hall buildings or the grounds, is expressly forbidden.
The Management Committee reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
We thank you for your co-operation and hope that you enjoy the use of our Village Hall. If you have, please tell others; if you have not, please tell us.
Directions / Map
View Larger Map